Junior Showmanship Corner
by Leslie Racine
An interview with Devon Kipp Best Junior at the 2013 GRCA national
1. How did you get in to the sport of dogs?
Both of my parents were professional handlers.
2. How do you balance everything (dog shows, school, extracurricular activities, etc.)?
During the week I work 2 days at a horse barn and the other three at the kennel. I go almost every weekend to shows. My school and the teachers don't like that I miss so much school but are okay with it because I always have good grades.
3. Who are your mentors?
My sister Dylan was my best mentor.
4. What is your favorite thing about a golden retriever?
My favorite things about Goldens are their personality. They are the sweetest, happy go lucky breed. Whenever you have a bad day you can just go and play with one and they always help you feel better.
5. What win meant the most to you?
Going best junior at the golden national meant a lot to me.
6. What are your future goals?
My future goals are to do well in juniors at Eukanuba and Westminster.
7. What advice would you give other juniors?
My advice to other juniors is to never let one judge get you down. Also to never be shy o ask for help. When I was little I always went up to the ring to watch the older kids show and learn from them.